However, we are not limited to only working within the Altium and Cadence design flows. Where required, we can take existing design-data from ANY system and carry out PCB design or signal integrity analysis. We have extensive experience in the porting of designs from one system to another, making our design services compatible with any system on the market.
We can undertake schematic design entry using “Cadence Design Entry HDL” (formerly known as “Concept”), “Cadence Capture CIS” (OrCAD) or “Altium Designer”.
In addition to schematic capture, we can provide schematic libraries of components for OrCAD Capture CIS. These libraries come complete with parametric data, giving component heights, manufacturer’s part numbers, etc. For further information on our library services, please see the Part Factory page.
Signal Integrity Tools
Advanced Layout Solutions is the only independent PCB design bureau that runs all its own signal integrity analyses. We own and maintain class-leading SI tools from Cadence, Keysight Technologies and Synopsys. Tool choice is heavily dependent upon the particular task at hand. For instance, the tools and approaches used for a high-speed synchronous DDR4 memory interface will be very different to those used for a SERDES link in the gigabit-per-second regime. For more information on our signal integrity services, click on the image below to be taken to our SI website.
Design For Manufacture
There are many reasons why a design, even when fully checked on a CAD system, can fail when the data is presented for manufacture. To overcome such issues and to provide a smooth transition of your boards through manufacture we have invested in multiple “Valor Enterprise 3000” systems that enable us to pinpoint any manufacturing issues on your design before the data leaves our company.
The designs that we have produced over the past decade have used every conceivable PCB technology available. Our experience working with the latest via technologies, specialist materials, high layer-counts and tight impedance control makes us confident that we can handle any design offered to us.
Flex / Flex-Rigid
- Wire harness replacement
- Reduced assembly time
- Space and weight requirements
- Reliability – by replacing a wiring harness with tracking, wiring errors can be eliminated
- Reduced weight – the flat thin nature of flex material, means reduced weight over traditional interconnection methods.
- Space requirements – the flexibility of the types of board allow them to be bent or twisted to fit into tight space constraints.
- Consistent electrical characteristics – as the manufacture of Flex boards is a repeatable process the electrical characteristics, resistance, capacitance and crosstalk are also consistent.